The latest scrapbooking fad is the use of bullet point journaling. This format is especially useful for those who have difficulty with creative writing or for scrapbooking events in which you do not remember every detail. To get you started, I have a special freebie for you. Click here to get these two Bullet point Journal Cards for FREE.
These cards were made using Yellowstone National Park, part of my Yellowstone collection.
Bullet point journaling is simply put, just about the basics. As with any type of bullet pointing there are a few simple rules you can follow to achieve the most impact.
Bullet point journaling for scrapbooks made simple:
- Think of a bullet point like a headline. It should to be short and specific.
- Highlight what is important to understanding the content of your page. Simply state what you want to document about your page
- Keep it simple. Don’t get too wordy.
- Stay on theme. Bullet points are about specific topics, don’t get off track.
- Make bullet points symmetrical. As I have done here, if following a list format.
- Use keywords. Use words important to the content of your page.
Grammar basicsBullet points can be confusing. Should you capitalize each one? Should you use periods? Should you use numbers instead of bullets?
If the text introducing your list is a sentence, it should end with a colon. If it is a fragment or single word, jump straight to the list.
Numbers or bullets? If you want to document the specific order of events use numbers or even the time of day.
If your text t is a complete sentence, use capital letters and proper punctuation. If the points are not structured as a sentence, you do not need to end with punctuation; the use of capitalization is a style choice. I prefer to start each line with a capital letter.
The points should be consistent, all sentences or all fragments.
Start each bullet point with the same part of speech such as, verbs,, etc. I did this in my previous example. Read each bullet point with the preceding text to make sure it makes sense as a sentence.
Get $10 off MyMemories Suite Software
Use code STMMMS32018 at MyMemories
Creatively Obsessed Store
Creatively Obsessed on Facebook
Creatively Obsessed Twitter
Creatively Obsessed Blog
Creatively Obsessed Pinterest