Welcome back to my blog series about why scrapbooking. This time I have chosen “to tell a story” as our project.
To begin your scrapping project you will need the following:
1. A digital software program capable of opening .jpg and .png files. I recommend My Memories Suite. You can purchase the latest version of this software at MyMemories.com. You can use my code STMMMS64124 and save $10 on your purchase.
2. Gather your photos. This is your chance to use a series of photos or if you have one photo that tells the whole story that is great!
3. A scanner to scan your photos onto your computer.
4. Digital graphics that include digital backgrounds and embellishments (flowers, frames, ribbons, bows, etc…) to decorate your scrapbook page. I have oodles of digital graphic scrap kits available for sell in my MyMemories.com store here with themes for holidays, sports, love, memories, and much more.
5. A cup of coffee and some creative inspiration!
Are you ready to give today’s project a try?
I’ve chosen a few different layouts for my “to tell a story” pages to show you.
With Memorial Day just around the corner now is a great time to make a few pages for the heroes in your family. I used my kit “Our Heroes” for this layout of my Dad.
My second choice is my grandson, Riley, having some fun in the leaves.
It was made using my kit “Autumn Moods”.
And here is another one picture story teller. One of the happiest days of my life was when I became a grandma for the first time! I used my kit that was made special for this little man. It’s called “Patrick Riley”.
And my last choice is from my kit “Yankee Doodle Picnic”. Memorial Day and Forth of July were always a time for family and cookouts. This was one from a few years back that includes some family members that have passed on.
I hope you enjoyed the second post in my “Why Scrapbooking” series. Tune in July 18th for my next post.