25 Things about Crystal of Sugar Moon Designs
1.I am the oldest child. I am the oldest grandchild on my mother’s side. I am the oldest great-grandchild on my mother’s side.
2.I consider myself young at heart.
3.I love liver and onions.
4.I knew I was going to marry my husband the first time I saw him. He still does not believe it.
5. My birthday is August 2! Summer birthdays are tough when you're a kid. Most of my birthday parties consisted of my sister, me, my grandma and my grandma's friends. Sometimes we would go bowling. Looking back it makes me laugh, at the time, not so much!
6.I have an aversion to top hats, not a real “fear” but a strong creeped out feeling.
7.I try never to kill spiders because it’s bad luck.
8. In high school my sister and I shared a car. It was a 1962 Chevy Bel Air and we named it “Clara, the Killer Bel-Air.” It was not a cool car. My dad bought the car for us, probably to teach us humility. Thanks, Dad.
9.I flunked my driving test the first time I took it. The old lady who gave me the test really stressed me out.
10.I bought my own first car for $100.00. It was named, “Rattle and Hum.” That baby ran for years!
11. I chose the name "Sugar Moon Designs" from the name of an old Western Swing Song by Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys. The chorus says, "When it's sugarcane time, Long around about June, I'll be walkin' with sugar, 'Neath that old sugar moon. . . . " It reminds me of my grandpa.
12. Lemonade is my favorite drink. I make excellent homemade lemonade. If you come to my house, I will try to remember to make some for you.
13. I also make excellent sloppy-joes. I have a secret sloppy-joe recipe from my great-grandma. My husband didn’t know the secret until I’d known him for ten years. I wanted to make sure I could trust him.
14. My favorite toys as a child were crayons, books, and play-doh. I was a nerd. I won my first coloring contest in third-grade for coloring the state seal – beautifully! I cannot choose a favorite color – I love them all equally.
15 I also cannot choose a favorite book. Isabelle Allende and Margaret Atwood are two of my favorite authors.
16. I keep telling my husband that everyone has a cool secret laboratory except me. He doesn’t believe that either. If I had my own lab I would invent cheaper and more effective insect repellent. I would also make plots to rule the world. Oh, and have flying monkeys. (I might just get those even if I don't get the secret lab, think of all the things they could help you with - like dusting up high and stuff!)
17. Our family has two cats, Scat who is about 15 years old and Agent Cooper who is a feisty two year old.
18. Our family has one dog, Wrigley, her birthday is August 2 too. She is going to be seven this year!
19. My favorite holiday is Halloween. I collect vintage Halloween Decorations, and they hang up in my house year round. Above my desk is hanging a large owl wearing a witch hat from the 1940s, and a witch pinata that could really use some dusting.
20. The only famous person I have been near is Jello Biafra. I walked into a club right behind him and I touched his shoulder. He had no idea who I was.
21. Oh, and I sat about 10 feet from Ice-T at a concert once. It was the first Lollapallooza concert tour. That makes me pretty old. I still have the t-shirt somewhere.
22.My daughter is the most awesome person I know. Really. I’m not biased.
23. I am somewhat ambidextrous. I can write with both hands at the same time. Writing frontward with my right hand and backwards with my left. I don’t know how I discovered I have this talent.
24. I got a pony when I was two. My husband and daughter think I was spoiled. Probably I was. My horse’s name was Eddie Peddie Blackie. He was a black Shetland pony. I had him until I was in high school. My grandparents gave him to a kind of “horse retirement” farm. At least that’s what they told me and I choose to believe it’s true.
25. I was once stung by hundreds of wasps. Well, maybe dozens. Okay, at least a dozen. I crawled into our dog’s doghouse and found out why she never really stayed in there. Luckily, I’m not allergic to stings. In fact, I used to have a really big crush on Sting, back in high school. I’m over it now. And so is this list!
Visit Sugar Moon Designs in the
MyMemories Design Shop and enjoy