Journaling is very important to your scrapbook and photobook pages. I know some of you struggle to include more than just the bare minimum. Here are some suggestions to help you create interesting content.
1) include a title for your page or series of pages
2) tell where and when the photo(s) was taken
3) tell who took the photo
4) include what the occasion was
5) identify all of the individuals in the photo(s)
6) give ages of children and young adults
7) talk about the day itself (what else led up to and was after the photo)
8) what were you feelings/emotions as you recall the photo
Many designers include journaling cards in their kits and as extras in a matching collection. These cards are wonderful for use on your pages. Here are some examples of journaling cards and layouts with a variety of journaling efforts.